1) Close off any
possible rodent entry points, put plastic or steel wool over exhaust pipes and
2) Use "Fresh Cab", a
scent product available on Amazon to help deter rodents from entering the
storage area, you do not want to use poison as it is a bait for them to come
3) Leave gas tank full and add fuel stabilizer.
4) Wash vehicle (gets and left
over dirt and salt off the vehicle) to help avoid corrosion
5) Disconnect and remove the
battery, keep it in a warm place
6) Check and change fluids before
7) Make sure you have insurance,
most companies will reduce your policy fees during storage months!